Our Hammond location, Animal Care Center, is pleased to offer state-of-the-art dental examinations through the use of Dental Digital Radiography equipment. Radiography, or x-ray, is an essential part of an animal having a thorough dental exam. Up to 60% of periodontal disease lies below the gumline, meaning that x-rays enable us to identify this disease more accurately than a physical examination alone.
Why do pets need dental x-rays?
- Shows enamel defects, fractures beneath the gum line and bone loss
- Helpful in evaluating an area where there are missing teeth
- Useful for medical and legal documentation
- Supports treatment decisions
- Verify complete removal of tooth and material after an extraction
- Follow endodontic disease progression
- Pre-purchase exams
Having a digital system over a traditional system means that there are no films to be processed, fewer re-takes are necessary and results are almost immediate.
One of our staff preparing for a dental x-ray on "Ramsey"